– Although I speak reasonable Thai, it is nice to know that most of the shops and businesses in the area speak a little English. It saves time and makes shopping easier.
– Speaking of shopping, Sukhumvit is a mecca for street vendors. Sharpen your negotiating skills and get all your souvenirs at dirty low prices.
– Free breakfast. I usually stay at the Majestic Suites Hotel on Sukhumvit between Soi 4 and Soi 6 (closer to Soi 4) and they have a simple free breakfast.
– I can book online. There are many places to book hotels in this area with online booking, which saves me time and money.
– Relatively safe. There is a police box right at the corner of Sukhumvit and Soi 4 if you need help from the boys in brown.
– Quiet. Although it’s on a main road overlooking a bar complex, the hotels in the area are quiet
This way you can see that for about 40 USD per night, you can get excellent value for your money. You can walk up a few blocks and stay at the JW Marriott, but I prefer value for my baht.